Thursday 26 August 2010

Wedding a la vintage

Everyone loves a bit of vintage these days… and there is something so charming and innocent about 50s. Even though I do believe that the film and advertising industry seems to idealise that particular era represented by the image of the happy families living in the suburbs with these perfectly manicured greener than green lawns. It is the time before this lifestyle was questioned and destroyed the myth of the sugar-coated family unit revealing alcoholism, depression, questionable sexual orientation, affairs and misogyny hiding behind the wholesome facade.

Still you have to love the whole idea behind the 50s after all that time seems to fill us with nostalgia even if we know deep inside that the idea of it is somehow spoiled or fake. Anyway I’m really digressing now from just saying that I am getting married and recently I went with my friend to try and some wedding dresses. The one that really stood out for me was the 50s style three quarter length dress which was very cute very Audrey Hepburn a la Breakfast at Tiffany just stunning. The process of looking for wedding dresses is quite daunting really so I chose to go with my friend Amy as she is so cool about weddings I knew she would make it easy for me. Once you stood there in the shop in this white frock with a veil and flowers… well its scary. You suddenly realise that everyone is going to look at you as you walk down the aisle and god I do hope I won’t trip and fall I hope I won’t drop my flowers or say something inappropriate or start laughing uncontrollably. Its scary to think there is so many things that could go wrong! Deep inside I know that everything will go well. Everything always is and I believe in the power of positive thinking but I’m also realistic in expecting that it will be a very intense experience and its up to me to make it positively intense.

xoxo

Izabela

6a00e008d57442883400e5527162ff8834-320pi images 67 tealength

ec381c2b5032a25d0a24e158e60250fa_m

No comments:

Post a Comment